What would you do if you find age spots or melasma on your face? Most likely you’re using some kind of skin whitening cream to fade them.
Skin whitening creams which you may know as skin lighteners or bleaching products are one of the widely used methods to treat hyperpigmentation whether it is related to sun exposure or hormones.
If you want glowing, younger looking skin without dark spots, you should practice a good skin care regimen. One thing you can do in your daily routine is to address uneven skin tone.
Since you’re here because you’re looking for the best skin whitening cream that not only reduces your dark spots but also makes your skin brighter.
Avoid skin brightening creams that do nothing for pigmentation. After applying for a few months, you see little to no results.
In addition to minimal improvement on your dark spots, some can trigger breakouts. It could be because the creams are greasy, clogging the pores.
Some skin whiteners are so thick that the active ingredients can’t absorb into the skin. The most disappointing thing is that its thick, chalky consistency makes you look like a ghost.
So what you really want from a good skin whitening product are
- You want to see your dark spots, acne marks, freckles or melasma become lighter after a few months.
- You want it to leave your skin and face smoother, brighter and more radiant.
- You want your skin to look more even.
- You don’t want your skin to be irritated especially if you’ve sensitive skin.
- You can use it without breaking out even though your skin is oily.
- You don’t want your skin to feel greasy after using it.
- Finally, you don’t need your foundation or concealer any more.
I also advise you to stay away from any skin bleaching product that contains steroids, mercury and hydroquinone.
- Steroids may thin your skin, delay wound healing, cause acne and skin infections.
- Hydroquinone when used for too long or with higher strength have shown to cause permanent skin discoloration known as ochronosis.
- Mercury itself is a poison. It can damage your kidney and nerve system. If you’re pregnant, you should not use mercury cream as your unborn baby can be affected.
So what is the most effective skin whitening cream that can fade acne scars and pigmentation induced by the sun and hormones?
Meladerm is a blend of bioactive, botanical extracts that can clear all forms of hyperpigmentation. Civant Skincare incorporates well researched natural skin lightening agents such as arbutin, kojic acid, niacinmide, vitamin C, gigawhite, and licorice into Meladerm.
These active ingredients have shown anti-tyrosinase inhibition which slows down the production of melanin. This allows dark spots to fade eventually, helping you achieve even skin tone and glowing complexion.
With the addition of licorice, Meladerm can protect existing pigmentation naturally from the damaging UV rays.
What I like about Meladerm cream is that it quickly absorbed by the skin, leaving no sticky feeling.
Meladerm skin lightener also comes with fruit acids (AHAs) which exfoliate the skin. It removes excess melanin on the surface of the skin. As the skin now has a fresh layer, this increases the ability of the skin to absorb the active ingredients. This makes hyperpigmentation fading more effective.
When it comes to ease of use, you can count on Meladerm. Unlike other skin whiteners, it uses airless dispenser. It also protects the active ingredients from the oxidation, which reduces the efficacy of the skin lightening.
Meladerm does not clog the pores and it would be ideal if you have oily skin. No worry about breakouts.
This natural skin whitening cream is free of hydroquinone, mercury, steroids and parabens. Tested by in-house dermatologists, not only it is safe for all skin types, but it also suits any skin type or color.
If you want permanent results, make sure you don’t expose your skin to the sun. It is better to wear sunscreen with high SPF. Sun exposure can trigger melanocytes that are already activated to produce melanin.
Imagine your dark spots become 50 percent lighter after a few months of use. Your skin has never looked more even. You could barely recognize your own skin. Soon, you will be the talk of your neighborhood or workplace.